It is a bitterly cold day here in the bleak North,but I am happily ensconced in my cosy little world,we had snow through the night,not a great deal so far,but enough to keep me indoors for fear of making a complete fool of myself tottering around in it!
So! what better time to do a totally self indulgent post about all the little things that make me a happy Bunny,These then are the little things,obviously my Children,my family and friends bring me untold happiness,but I also think that there are such a lot of little things,often taken for granted,that if we think about it are so very precious,are you ready?
- Oranges. I know,odd but I could eat them all day,especially at the moment when they are so juicy,when I was pregnant with my oldest Daughter,I used to take a bag full into the office to eat,one of the older ladies told me my baby would come out orange! She didnt.
- My bed.I adore it,that moment when I sink into absolute comfort,preferably with something marvellous to read,I am in Heaven.
- My Kindle fire.I resisted for so long! but Oh my! what an absolute gift the kindle is,I am constantly downloading something to read,being able to try a sample first is just brilliant.
- My garden.the never ending fascination of things popping up from the earth in springtime is surely natures greatest metaphor.
- Tea in a china cup.Call me old fashioned,but it seems we live in an age where it is neccesary to sell a kidney in order to purchase a tall skinny latte/cappucino/macchiato ,whatever happened to a grand cup of tea? if I come accross a nice old fashioned tea room with china cups and saucers,I become slightly delirious with joy.Leading nicely on to number 6…..
- Cake.Oh sweet baby Jesus,I do love home made cake.Nuf said.
- A delivery from Amazon.Despite as stated in point 3,loving my Kindle like a third child,there are certain books I prefer in actual ‘book’ form,the joy of seeing an amazon package in the Postmans hands is frankly enough to extract actual whoops of joy from me.Poor Postie,he is terrified.
- Walking on the beach.The sound of the sea and sand between my toes spells absolute bliss for me,I cant wait for Summertime,I also get really excited if I find unusual rocks and shells on the beach,wonderful therapy.
- Handwriting.Letters written by hand are surely becoming a lost art,I fear I may never receive one again,but they are so personal,texting and emailing of course are very convenient,but I feel like prose is lost and we all know how I feel about bad grammar and text talk!
Pinterest,blogging and social networking.The internet has its faults,but you cant deny that it has opened doors and brought me,for sure,lots of lovely new friendships.I never tire of feeling very excited at the discovery of a new interesting blog or stumbling upon a great inspiration on pinterest!Social networking again has brought me into contact with some like minded people,it just requires a bit more caution I feel.
So there you go! ten pieces of useless information about me! But do tell me…..what is the one thing that makes you go “Ooh” (clean answers only)